In this episode of The Dyslexia Life Hacks Show, Matt is talking to Kate Gladstone who has developed a program and published a book to help people with reading and writing in cursive.
In this podcast you will hear Kates story of struggling to read at school and the horrible thing she was told when she voiced her struggles, including being told to copy lettering of a board and then being told she did it wrong as she a copied the type font perfectly.
This leads her research the history and origins of modern American cursive writing, using this knowledge she gained a full understanding and used the knowledge to be able to teach anyone from any age how to read and write in cursive. There is much more to her story listen in and find out more.
- Kate’s –
- Article with samples of handwriting – Handwriting and the Autism Spectrum
- American cursive writing
- Harry Potter – Dolores Umbridge
- NASA Headquarters Alabama
- Society for Italic Handwriting
- Cursive writing and why people may think it will help dyslexics
- North American cursive alphabet
- Davis Association